Whether your vehicle is for your 业务 or your home, your auto 保险 policy is sure to be riddled with confusing jargon. 这就是为什么 Michigan First 保险 Agency is here to help you understand your 保险 policy every step of the way.
Learn the basics of auto 保险 with this glossary:
- 错误: The party that is found at fault is the one that is legally liable for the damages in an accident.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: 如果是你的错, this helps pay the medical costs, 收入损失的, and even funeral expenses of other people involved in the accident.
- 索赔: Any request for payment under the terms of the policy.
- 碰撞的报道: This coverage is what pays the damage when the vehicle collides with another car or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your car is damaged from anything other than a collision, the comprehensive coverage will pay the damage. If your car is stolen, vandalized, or hit with a natural disaster, you’re covered.
- 免赔额: The portion of a claim that you pay out of pocket.
- 司机状态: People can be added to your policy with one of the following driver status options:
- 额定 – A person that actively drives the vehicles on the policy
- 被排除在外 – This person is not allowed to drive the vehicles and will not be covered in an accident
- 上市 – A member of your household who doesn’t frequently drive the vehicles on the policy.
- 保险费: The price of the policy that you pay in exchange for coverage.
- 财产 Damage Liability: Helps pay the repairs or even replacement of another driver’s car.
If you’re unsure about any terms or what you should be looking for in a policy, ask your 保险 agent for help. Looking for a quote on auto or commercial vehicle 保险? Call Michigan First 保险 Agency at 844.788.0818.